Thursday, January 20, 2011

Living room shelf make-over...DONE

SNOW DAY...well...BAD WEATHER DAY today!  We have ice covered with a shallow layer of snow.  Pretty slick out there!  My school isn't opening until noon and my class is over at 11:45, so no school for me today.  The boys school is closed also, too dangerous for the buses to drive on the streets!  So I thought today would be the perfect day to update you on the living room shelves!!! (To see before pictures stop by Living room shelf make-over)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE FINISHED PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!

The shelves remain white however I painted the wall around them the same color as my kitchen (still need to post pictures of the kitchen)!!

 Here is a picture of the shelves with a view of the kitchen through the opening!


 This is the left side of the shelves!!


 Here is the right side of the shelves!!


 Another view of the shelves, where you can see the dinette on the left side of the picture!!


 Picture of the living room from the hallway by the boys bedrooms!!!


 This is  picture...for the left side...(that I created in PowerPoint) shows where I plan on putting flowers...once the flowers are added the shelves will be complete!  Just waiting for them to be on sale at Hobby Lobby!!


Same as the picture above however it is for the right side!!!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my new entry!  Please leave your comments or suggestions...I am always open to ideas!!!!


Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great!!

Gail said...

Morning, looks really great, anchors the room. Were great before but now they really pop.
Enjoy your day off.
Love you.
M

Tammy @ Type A said...

love the color, it really makes statement now. great job.

Anonymous said...

I went back and looked at the before. I can believe what a difference painting the sides that color makes! Looks great!