Friday, December 10, 2010

Candy Theme Kitchen and Candy Candle Ring

As I have been exploring blog land I have heard several people mention that they have a "Candy" theme in their kitchen for Christmas...How cute is that?  So of course now I want to participate!

Mykl over at Tres French Hens had this great idea to get candy floral picks from Hobby Lobby and make a ring for her candles. Her candles are sitting on candle holders...my candle is on a plate on my kitchen table...SO...I had to do a little modification!!!

I took a white foam ring...just a little bit bigger than my candle and wrapped it with white ribbon (you could do red or whatever color you want).  Here is the funny thing about this ribbon...it's left over from my wedding...I got married in 1995!!!!  See that's why we crafters don't throw things out, you just never know when you will need them!! =)




Then I pulled the candies off the picks or stems and hot glued them to the ring...trying to make it as random as possible but trying not to get a bunch of the same shapes together!!  Here is a close up shot of the candies glued on the ring.


Here is a picture of it all done...The plate is red!


I also found these cute candies at Hobby Lobby...so I purchased a red vase (at Hobby Lobby)!


I also have these little shelves, if you can call them that, above the windows in my dinette!  So I decided they needed some decorations too!! So I put pine garland with lights up there and tied red and white striped ribbon on it!


Also decorated the light above the table with ribbon and glass balls in red and white!  Oh my I just realized how messy my counter and bedroom floor are...Oops!!!  Oh well the life of a wife, mom and full time student!!

I am LOVING the candy theme in my kitchen...I think I will have to add to it next year!!  =)



Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

Thanks for stopping by...leave your comments or suggestions...I love reading them!!!

10 comments:

Gail said...

Great job, the candy theme it so cute. Can't wait to see everything in person.

Anonymous said...

Your candle ring is adorable! I would never have thought of that, even with the other blog's inspiration! Love your peppermint candy theme.

Anonymous said...

Your mama said to come by and see how talented her daughter was and she was right. Aren't mama's always right. Thanks for the tutorial on the wreath. I might try to make it next year. Lovely Post.

Mykl said...

You did a wonderful job! It all looks so fantastic...I can't pick a favorite! Thanks for coming by my blog for a visit. I'm glad you found something you could use.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Great job!!

Anonymous said...

I love the candy. It came out great!

Brittanie Gordon said...

It looks great! I have a week spot for the candy theme ;)

Sarah, Three Boys said...

What a great idea! Love it.

Unknown said...

super cute :) come on over and link up to MMM !

M.O.T.B said...

So cool, thanks for the link to tracking Santa.