I have seen ALOT of blog's in which people are creating Subway Tile Pictures or prints. Alison over at How Does She? Created a Subway Tile for a friend...How Does She? In the blog's I have seen most people are using vinyl lettering. I liked the concept of the Subway Tile Picture however I put my own spin on it!
I purchased this frame from Ross for $4.99...as you can see it has 3 spots for 4X6 pictures...black frame with a white mat. I have been trying to think of something to do with it since I purchased it but at that price I couldn't pass it up and I knew I would use it someday...I LOVE PICTURES!!!! Then the other day when I was decorating for Christmas (the light bulb came on) and I said..."That's it...I know what I am going to do with that frame!!"
So I made my family, including my hubby, sit down and write as many words as they could...words that came to mind when I said, "Christmas"...I started it and passed the paper on to my oldest son and then my youngest and then finally my handsome hubby!
Then I took the list and started to work on my picture! First, I measured the opening of the frame (I decided I was going to make it run the whole frame, so I would have to cut out the mat that seperates each picture) Then I went to WordArt in Microsoft Word and typed in Christmas...then entered each word that was on our list...I made them go different directions different sizes but keep the font the same (Christmas I used a different font for it) and same color
Once I liked what I saw on the print preview I measured out my scrapbook paper and put it in the printer! Here is the result:
Trial and error works best for getting it lined up in the actual frame. As for the mat...I used a very sharp craft knife, held it at the angle of the cuts on the mat and cut out the cross pieces (the ones that were between each picture). Then I placed my list in the white mat and then in the frame...I LOVE THE WAY IT TURNED OUT.
This is something that like Alison at How does She? you could personalize for friends and/or family!
Thanks for stopping by hope you have enjoyed your visit...feel free to leave comments or suggestions!!






2 comments:
Very neat idea! It's cool how you got the whole family involved in its creation. I might try something similar. Thanks for sharing.
That is a wonderful idea. I like the fact that you involved your family, and they will all feel a part of it every time they look at it. I also like your little avatar of you did it without your hubby. LOL
Post a Comment